We are very proud to be an integral part of our local community, with our team of skilled educators and passionate Early Childhood Teachers, we offer a boutique style service to our families and local community.
- Our semi rural setting provides a safe and quiet outdoor space where children can play away from traffic noise and other distractions.
- We have a large natural sandstone surrounded sandpit under shade where children can create and explore the many environments that are unique to sand play.
- Additional shade across the play space ensures that children are protected from the harsh elements.
- Cushioned synthetic turf throughout the play space ensures safety for the children.
- A wide variety of gross motor equipment is provided to ensure children develop physical skills to their full capacity.
- A separate 0-2 year old yard ensures that our younger learners have their own quiet space to explore and develop those initial physical skills.
- Wide protected verandahs provide shade and additional space to explore art and craft activities outside of the classroom environment.
- Other outdoor programs implemented at the centre ensure children have the opportunity to explore environmental sustainability through ‘green play’ experiences such as; vegetable gardens, flower gardens, market gardens, bird watching, water recycling and composting etc. Our children also experience the important life skills of looking after animals at various times we introduce pets to the children to give them the important experience of caring for small animals.
Our healthy eating policy ensures that all children attending the centre develop a sound knowledge of good nutrition. Our educators encourage healthy eating as per the Healthy Eating Pyramid and the selection of ‘always food’ for the lunchboxes. The centre provides information and many opportunities for discussion with key educators and management with regards to packing a healthy lunch. We also have
Our centre is licensed to operate between the hours of 6.30am – 6.30pm Monday to Friday for 52 weeks per year, except gazetted public holidays.
Please contact one of our administration staff for daily fee information.
Policies and Procedures
At Munchkins Early Education Centre we have many policies and procedures in place. The policies listed below are not exhaustive by any means. A full compliment of the centre policies and procedures is available in the entry foyer with a brief summary of centre policies available in the parent handbook – available upon enrolment or when you visit our centre.
Understanding and agreeing to abide by centre policies is important to ensure the smooth running of the centre and to protect the integrity of the program and health and safety of the children.
Examples of some of the policies that you may find at Munchkins Early Education Centre are;
- Accident and Emergency Policy
- Collection of Children Policy
- Open Door Policy
- Multicultural Inclusion Policy
- Child Protection Policy
- Communication Policy
- Sun Protection and Clothing Policy
- SIDS, Sleep and Rest Policy
- Anaphylaxis Policy
- Food Safety Policy
- Workplace Health and Safety Policy
- Immunisation Policy …………………………just to name a few
Contact us if you would like to discuss any of our policies in more detail or if you would like to obtain a copy prior to enrolment.